Welcome to this week’s edition of the Eagles Weekly Recap. The city has been buzzing in recent weeks with the Phillies running through the National League and straight into the 2022 World Series. After a bye week, the perfect Eagles are looking to continue the excitement and extend their winning-streak to seven. Before we get to this afternoon’s kickoff, let’s check out all the latest happenings involving the Philadelphia Eagles.
- This afternoon, the Eagles will return to Lincoln Financial Field to host the Pittsburgh Steelers. The 2 – 5 Steelers have had an up-and-down season thus far, partially marred by quarterback controversy. The Eagles come in with one of the top defenses in the NFL, and look to take advantage of Pittsburgh’s offensive struggles. Kickoff for the game is scheduled for 1 p.m. and can be seen on CBS.
- While the team may have been resting, general manager Howie Roseman was up to his magic again. The Eagles completed a blockbuster trade on Wednesday, landing defensive end Robert Quinn from the Chicago Bears in exchange for a 2023 fourth-round pick. The 12-year veteran is coming off of a dominating 18.5 sack season, and is sure to be a monstrous addition to an already stacked Eagles defensive front.
- In other trade rumors, it was believed that the Eagles were looking to beef up their running back corps by seeking to acquire running back Alvin Kamara from the New Orleans Saints. However, it has since been reported by a team source that the Eagles are not actively engaged in trade talks with the Saints, putting the rumors of the five-time Pro Bowl Back coming to Philadelphia to rest.
- In additional roster moves, the Eagles brought back a name familiar to the team as they signed wide receiver Greg Ward Jr. to the practice squad. This marks the six-year pros’s third stint with the team. The team also initially released edge-rusher Tarron Jackson to make room for the Quinn acquisition. However, Jackson was re-signed to the practice squad when the team released kicker Cameron Dicker.
- Finally, in key injury news, right tackle Lane Johnson remained in concussion protocol through much of the team’s bye, however he has been cleared to return to action this afternoon. Defensive tackle Brandon Graham was limited in practice this week due to a hamstring injury, but is hopeful to be ready to go against the Steelers.
That’s it for this week. Stay tuned with Total Sports Live for the latest involving the Philadelphia Eagles.
[Photo: Monica Heardon/The Philadelphia Inquirer]