Welcome to this week’s edition of the Eagles Weekly Recap. After suffering their first loss of the 2022 season, the Philadelphia Eagles bounced back with a fourth-quarter comeback against the Indianapolis Colts, escaping with a 17-16 victory. Tonight, the Eagles return to primetime, looking to snag their tenth win of the season. Before tonight’s kickoff, let’s look at all the latest happenings involving the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Tonight, the Eagles will be under the primetime lights as they host Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers for Sunday Night Football. The Packers have had a largely disappointing season, coming in tonight off a Week 11 loss to the Tennessee Titans. Kickoff for tonight’s NFC match-up is set for 8:20 p.m. and can be seen on NBC.
- With tonight’s game will come a brand new look for the Eagles. As reported at the beginning of the season, the Eagles will debut their new black helmets to accompany their black uniforms. This will be the first time the Eagles will venture away from their current green helmets since they rocked their Kelly green throwback helmets in 2010.
- In a pair of roster moves, the Eagles released wide receiver Auden Tate from the practice squad, opening up a roster spot for the team. Offensive tackle Jarrid Williams was moved from the practice squad to injured reserve.
- One the injury front, there has been a positive update on two key missing Eagles. Defensive tackle Jordan Davis (ankle) and tight end Dallas Goedert (shoulder) are both expected to be cleared to return before the end of the season upon coming off of IR per league sources. It’s believed that Davis’s return could come immediately after his Dec. 4 eligibility date, while Goedert’s status is still a ways away from being determined.
- A congratulations goes to former Eagles cornerback Eric Allen who was named a semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Allen spent seven seasons with the Eagles, and finished his career as a five-time Pro-Bowler. He also set an NFL record in 1993 with six interceptions returned for touchdowns.
That’s it for this week. Stay tuned with Total Sports Live for the latest involving the Philadelphia Eagles.
[Photo: Kiel Leggere/Philadelphia Eagles]