Welcome to this week’s edition of the Eagles Weekly Recap. The wait is finally over! Nineteen games have come and gone, and yet the one that matters the most stands just hours away. It is Super Bowl Sunday, and the joy is immeasurable knowing that the Philadelphia Eagles will take the field this evening, looking to bring a second Lombardi trophy to South Philadelphia. Eagles fans are looking forward to greased poles and a clear path down Broad Street in the coming hours and days. Before that, let’s check out all the latest happenings involving the Philadelphia Eagles.
- This evening, the Philadelphia Eagles will take the field at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona to take on the 2022 NFL MVP Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl 57. Both teams come into this evening’s match-up with a 16 – 3 overall record through the regular season and playoffs. While this is the Eagles’ second trip in five years, the Chiefs, coached by Eagles great Andy Reid, are no strangers to the big stage, competing in their third Super Bowl in the last five years. Like Super Bowl 52, the hungry Philadelphia Eagles will look to take down the league’s MVP and his powerhouse team in the biggest game of the year. Kickoff for Super Bowl 57 is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. and can be seen on FOX.
- Speaking of Super Bowl 57, the staff at Total Sports Live gathered for an exciting preview of today’s game. Jovan Alford, Harrison Brown-Russo, Nick Earnshaw, Seth Fisher, and myself break down all the biggest stories, analyses, some fun prop bets, and everything else surrounding the highly anticipated match-up. The Super Bowl Preview podcast can be heard on Spotify and on other streaming platforms. Listen here.
- Well, with one more game comes one last injury report for the 2022-23 campaign. Wide receiver and punt returner Britain Covey is officially listed as questionable with a hamstring injury. Covey has been participating in practice on a limited basis. Everyone else have been full participants in practice this week and are ready to go for the big game.
- For those looking to win big on the game, the Eagles are currently listed as the favorites to bring the Lombardi trophy home. The Eagles are 1.5-point favorites with a -122 moneyline. While Philly is favorited to win, Patrick Mahomes (+130) is currently the favorite to win Super Bowl MVP while Jalen Hurts (+140) stands at second.
- On Thursday, the NFL Awards took place, and despite having stars all around, the Philadelphia Eagles left empty-handed. Quarterback Jalen Hurts stood in the running for the 2022 MVP, but as mentioned before, the award ultimately went to Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes. In the votes breakdown, Hurts only landed one first-place vote while Mahomes secured 48. Hurts would finish with 26 second-place votes, 11 third-place votes, and 10 fourth-place votes.
That’s it for this week. Stay tuned with Total Sports Live for the latest involving the Philadelphia Eagles.