Welcome to this week’s edition of the Eagles Weekly Recap. The Philadelphia Eagles are approaching crucial games in hopes of locking in the top spot in the NFC playoffs. While the team faces a huge offensive disruption over the next few games, they will still look to keep the league’s best winning streak alive. Before we get to this afternoon’s game, let’s recap all the latest happenings involving the Philadelphia Eagles.
- This afternoon, the Eagles will head to AT&T Stadium for a Christmas Eve, NFC East showdown when they take on the Dallas Cowboys. Like the Eagles, the Cowboys are also trying to solidify their place in the playoffs after coming off a shocking loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars last Sunday. Kickoff for today’s game is scheduled for 4:25 p.m. and can be seen on FOX.
- Speaking of the playoffs, the Eagles are currently in control of their own destiny on the road to securing the number one seed in the NFC. The Eagles will take number one with either a win this afternoon in Dallas or a New York Giants victory over the Minnesota Vikings. The Eagles only need to win one more game this season to enjoy the top spot, homefield advantage, and a first-round bye.
- On the injury front, the Eagles will be without quarterback and MVP candidate Jalen Hurts this afternoon after he suffered a shoulder sprain during last Sunday’s victory over the Giants. Quarterback Gardner Minshew will get the start in place of Hurts. Minshew will have one of the teams most dependable offensive weapons back as tight end Dallas Goedert (shoulder) has officially been activated off of the injured reserve list, and will play this afternoon.
- A huge congratulations goes out to the Philadelphia Eagles, and the league-high eight players who have been selected to the 2022 Pro Bowl. Those players include quarterback Jalen Hurts, running back Miles Sanders, wide receiver A.J. Brown, right tackle Lane Johnson, center Jason Kelce, left guard Landon Dickerson, linebacker Haason Reddick and cornerback Darius Slay. This year’s Pro Bowl will debut the new skills challenge format to replace the former all-star game.
- Finally, just in time for Christmas, the Eagles’ Christmas album ‘A Philly Special Christmas’ was officially released on Friday. The seven-track album features holiday classics performed by none other than members of the Eagles offensive line: Jordan Mailata, Jason Kelce, and Lane Johnson. All proceeds will go towards supporting the Children’s Crisis Treatment Center.
That’s it for this week. Stay tuned with Total Sport Live for the latest involving the Philadelphia Eagles.
[Photo: Tim Nwachukwu/Getty Images]